The Annual Call for Exhibition Proposals and studios is an open submission process for artists and the gallery to present and produce curated exhibitions, only a few applications will be selected. Participation is open to all artists in and out of Zimbabwe.
Applications are evaluated on feasibility, relevance, artistic excellence, extent that the exhibition or project is new or takes risks, and artistic merit. In 2014 we will prioritise collaborative applications including five artists or more.
Submitted proposals are reviewed by the gallery Curator, and guest panelists drawn from artists and curators in the region.
– Submit a letter through the email address provided below or drop at the gallery reception
– Submissions must include an exhibition narrative, 500 words maximum, describing the exhibition and studio space need concept and significance and relevance to showing the NGB
– Submissions must include a short (1 paragraph) bio for EACH artist, including urls (links) to past exhibition documentation.
– Submissions can include up to eight supporting images.
– No catalogues, resumes or other supporting materials will be accepted at this stage
- Shared studio space for one year renewable
- Solo or Collaboration for exhibition space
- Sales coordination
- Gallery management and compliance oversight
NB: the gallery may not provide materials for artists (monitors, video equipment, etc.). The artist is responsible for all alterations made to the gallery (painting the walls, returning space to previous condition, etc.) The gallery does NOT reimburse for shipping and installation costs. A modest honorarium is awarded to the selected exhibitions and projects
Submit applications to; email@example.com or drop the application at the reception at the NGB 75 Main Street L Takawira Avenue Bulawayo, on or before 30 December 2013.